Date Posted: November 10, 2021
Work Location: Remote
Open Positions: 6
About us: Rescon AI is a start-up that is focused on dynamically tracking important research metrics across different fields. We offer a versatile data analytics product through which researchers, scientists, and policymakers are able to collate and contribute to diverse research plots that are dynamically updated.
About the team: The main focus of the machine learning team is on building computer vision and deep learning models for various image processing tasks.
- Research, design, develop and evaluate advanced image processing and computer vision algorithms
- Develop tools and data pipelines that provide concise insights into algorithm quality and limitations based on comprehensive test datasets.
- Self-learn topics if and when they are new to you
- Relentlessly staying on top of the state of the art computer vision papers and can take insights from the research in the field to develop practical solutions
- Communicate progress updates to machine learning sub-team lead
- Student (undergraduate or graduate) in a computer science or related program with a focus on machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, or computer graphics
- Applicants (non-students) working in other companies are also welcome to work part-time at our start-up
- Proficient in English (reading, speaking, and writing)
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Availability- able to dedicate time for working on project
- Hands-on experience or large-scale projects on deep learning, computer vision, and image processing demonstrated through school projects and/or previous internships
- Previous experience in Python, and some components of the PyData stack for data analysis
- Deep understanding of one of the two ML/DL frameworks: PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Experience building deep learning models, especially CNNs.
- Willingness to self-learn concepts in “desired qualifications” detailed below that you do not already know
- Experience in 3D computer graphics, lighting, shading
- Experience in industry via software development internships or full-time positions
- Benchmarking and fine-tuning of computer vision and machine/deep learning algorithms
- Knowledge of various low-level optimization for deep learning systems
Note to Applicants
Please note that this position is unpaid. We hope that your time here at Rescon AI proves to be a useful experience to acquire new skills, gain insights into start-up culture and help develop your professional network. Furthermore, upon approval from the executive team: (1) we will support any grant applications you are interested to pursue individually to support your time at Rescon AI, and (2) we will support publishing papers, attending conferences, and other workshops that may prove beneficial for your work at Rescon AI. Moreover, we will unfortunately not be able to support any visa applications. Applicants of any citizenship or national origin are welcome to apply, however applicants will only be hired once our legal team has vetted the candidates.
Rescon AI provides equal opportunity in all our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.