Date posted: November 10, 2021
Work Location: Remote
Open Positions: 1
About us: Rescon AI is a start-up that is focused on dynamically tracking important research metrics across different fields. We offer a versatile data analytics product through which researchers, scientists, and policymakers are able to collate and contribute to diverse research plots that are dynamically updated.
About the sub-team: The frontend sub-team is one of two sub-teams within the product development team. The team’s responsibility is to create a positive user experience by implementing a smooth and simple user interface as well as by enabling a scalable approach to graphing diverse types of data with different chart types and a varying number of dimensions.
- Lead the design of the frontend of our platform.
- Participate in design meetings with other sub-team leads as well as product development lead
- Mentor sub-team members who are mostly inexperienced in software development
- Guiding them in development as well as helping them to help debug problems as needed
- As of now we have only one intern on our frontend sub-team. The two of you will work together at first. If needed, we will expand the frontend sub-team with your help. You will be in charge of mentoring new members as they join.
- Self-learn topics if and when they are new to you
- Communicate progress updates to product development lead
- Student (undergraduate or graduate) in a computer science or related program
- Applicants (non-students) working in other companies are also welcome to work part-time at our start-up
- Proficient in English (reading, speaking, and writing)
- Good communication and organizational skills
- A desire to lead
- Availability- able to dedicate time for working on project and guiding the sub-team
- Knowledge of version control systems e.g. Git
- Willingness to self-learn concepts in “desired qualifications” detailed below that you do not already know
- Leadership experience
- Experience in industry via software development internships or full-time positions
- Conceptual knowledge:
- Web applications
- API design
- Http requests
- Good design patterns and software practices
- Microservices architecture
- Databases relational and non-relational
Note to Applicants
Please note that this position is unpaid. We hope that your time here at Rescon AI proves to be a useful experience to acquire new skills, gain insights into start-up culture and help develop your professional network. Furthermore, upon approval from the executive team: (1) we will support any grant applications you are interested to pursue individually to support your time at Rescon AI, and (2) we will support publishing papers, attending conferences, and other workshops that may prove beneficial for your work at Rescon AI. Moreover, we will unfortunately not be able to support any visa applications. Applicants of any citizenship or national origin are welcome to apply, however applicants will only be hired once our legal team has vetted the candidates.
Rescon AI provides equal opportunity in all our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.